Well, I only managed to stay awake long enough to play about an hour and half after The Sims 4 launched last night. Most of that time I was just getting used to the controls and UI and all.
First impression: There’s a lot to this game and I can see it’s a step up from The Sims 3. I love the smoothness of the animations, and OMG the ability to multi-task! I read about that but it didn’t really hit me what it meant until I was in game and experienced it! That right there is almost worth the price!
It runs so much better on my computer, too! I don’t mind the loading screens at all; easy trade off for the improved responsiveness and smoothness. Still getting used the emotions but I think I’m gonna like that system. Oh, Jared here already has a love interest. hehe.
Well, off to work now… I mean me… for reals. I’ll probably be thinking about the game all day. Hope to get in a few hours this evening and still get my GW2 daily done as well. =D
This reminds me of that one fic I read where Derek was an undercover detective
You are NOT ready. TONIGHT. Only 2 episodes left.
i know i skipped like 234348 days but w/e i do what i want
Guild Wars 2 Photo Challenge
Day 13: Your Characters
I have 13 characters and I can’t be assed to get screens of everyone so here’s some salads:
1. Mistreverie - 80 Mesmer - Former tailor turned journalist working with the Pact. Very headstrong and isn’t afraid to voice her opinion. Currently investigating the Mordrem.
2. Septembris - 80 Thief - Warden spy currently infiltrating the Nightmare Court. Appears cold and uncaring on the outside, but will open up if you get to know her. Spends most of her time writing files on Courtiers.
3. Llyrweyn - 80 Guardian - Nightmare Court knight who was in training to be a warden when he ditched. Noble and courteous. Believes that Ventari’s Tablet is holding the sylvari back.
4. Faedrich - 80 Elementalist - Former escort turned mercenary. Had the left side of his body burned in a Nightmare Court attack. Scathing and sarcastic. Has a history of making bad decisions.
5. Laesynn - 80 Necromancer - Socially awkward sylvari working as physical labor for an asura krewe. Terrible necro who can’t even hold a staff right. Hates his brother Syrcid.
6. Syrcid Duskrend - 80 Warrior - Ex-Nightmare Courtier who charms his way through life. Acts cute and unsuspecting to gain peoples’ trust, but is quite the vicious lil’ shit on the inside.
7. Aerlaith - 23 Mesmer - The textbook definition of “high maintenance.” Very fussy about his appearance and a general perfectionist. Is tiny and blind due to pod problems.
if u actually read all of that, have some brownie points
— The Sims (@TheSims)September 1, 2014
I’m pre-loaded and ready to go! It’ll be available to me at 11:00 PM my time. Don’t know if I’ll take the time to post anything on it tonight though, since I’ll only have about an hour or two before I have to get some sleep so I can function at work tomorrow. Curse my adult life!
THE SIMS 4 LIVESTREAM #6
Hosted by Ryan Vaughan, Grant Rodiek and Antonio Romeo with cameos by the rest of the team. It was nice to see the gurus laughing and having a good time — they particularly enjoyed the maze towards the end [51:39].
Related: Twitch Livestreams
I’m already bored of the sims 4 and it isn’t even out yet. I feel so deflated compared to the excitement I had just a few months ago.
I watched a good deal of this live. It was quite amusing.